Firm plans local manufature of water treatment plants
Contributed by Babatola Adeyeni - The Guardian (Page 54)
Tuesday, 31 January 2006
Baring unforseen circumstances, Zenith Water Projects Limited, Lagos will by July this year, commence the local manufacturing of water treatment plants. Giving this cheery news at a media briefing in Lagos at the weekend, the company's Managing-Director, Mr. Nicholas Igwe, assured of on-going efforts at making the proposal a reality.
Besides, he disclosed that the company was also exploiting the possibility of strategic partnership with local manufactures of water treatment plants and allied products suppliers like pumps, tanks, etc. All with the sole aim of improving the country's access to safe drinking water.
In pursuit of the above, Igwe disclosed the company's introduction of C-2000 water treatment plant into the market.
According to him: "Our intention is to forge a reliable partnership that will provide access to portable water and waste water treatment solutions at affordable costs at all time. Hence, it is with pleasure that we introduce our latest product in water development the C-2000 water treatment plant.
The Zenith boss listed the benefits of the plant to include the following:
- it has two filters for the removal of suspended solids. The first filter removes the larger particles (50-micron) and the second the finer particles (10-micron). These filters are washable and should be removed and brushed with a paint brush once a week.
- the C-2000's standard method of sterilisation is chlorine in the form of pool pills or month mate in a small contact tank.
This chlorine pills when dropped in the treated water tank, sterilises and kills bacteria;
- it requires a minimal power of 200-220 volt.
- The feed power must be wired into the waterproof plug provided;
- the plant is almost maintenance free as most of the parts require changing after about two to three years of use;
- it is rugged, with a strong design, and;
- uses "off the shelf" components.
Similarly, Igwe listed the benefits of the plant to include the following:
- treats raw water TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) between 0-2000 mg/litre. It can improve the taste of water for people
who do not like the taste of dissolve mineral solids;
- the C-2000 water treatment plant can treat and remove solid particles such as magnesium, salts, iron;
- it can conveniently be used domestically or on an industrial level, and;
- it is cost effective water treatment plant with long-term benefits, which leads to a contaminated free and healthy life.
- the C-2000 is compact and portable;
- the plant requires low maintenance at all times;
- its basic mode of operation makes it simple to operate;
- pressurised clean water is safe for use with washing machine.